What Else is Here?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jane Austen

Becky at home

Two new friends, Becky and Julie 
The woman on the left is the lady who sells us ribbons in our favorite shop - we were so pleased to see her there.  She not only made her dress and cap - she DESIGNED the pattern most people use for Regency clothing...

Here she is again, with a good look at my hat.

In our front garden before we left for the lunch

The back is as important as the front

I was really pleased with my hat, and how I'd embellished it.  It's so hard to see here, but that's one of my favorite aunt's rhinestone brooches at the back.  It looks perfect!


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely wonderful. I feel transported back in time. Any gathering at the Assembly Rooms would have been graced by two such elegant ladies. The attention to detail from both you and Becky and the other two ladies is just breath taking.
    Angela xx

    ReplyDelete